Reports To: Regional Manager/Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt (ineligible for overtime)
Approved Date: 11/07/2014
Summary: The Community Manager oversees all of the day-to-day operations of the property to achieve the quality and customer service standards of Evolve Communities, LLC. The Community Manager’s primary duties fall into the following three categories: 1.) Provide, monitor and evaluate a program that delivers outstanding customer sales and service 2.) Manage the financial performance and the physical asset of the property to meet or exceed the property's goals and 3.) Develop the staff as an effective operating team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, in addition to those of the Leasing Consultant and Assistant Manager. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide, Monitor and Evaluate a Program that Delivers Outstanding Customer Sales and Service in Accordance with Company Policy and Standards.
- Conduct market surveys monthly. Periodically shop competition while maintaining knowledge of market conditions. Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of resident retention, marketing and advertising programs.
- Ensure excellent customer service to prospective and current residents. Promote a quality living experience for all residents.
- Exhibit leadership in customer orientation. Set and monitor quality and other service-related standards.
- Review all notices-to-vacate to determine reasons for move-out. Implement an on-going resident retention program.
- Ensure that lease files are well maintained and new lease paperwork is complete in a timely manner. Ensure that all staff is prepared for orderly move-ins.
- Plan and prepare associate work schedule to ensure that the property is adequately staffed at all times.
- Perform property inspections on a routine basis to ensure the visual appeal of the property and maintain hazard-free conditions.
- Ensure all social networking resources are updated frequently each week. Review all other marketing sources to ensure accuracy of the content.
- Manage vendor selection and vendor relations to ensure quality performance.
- Communicate with supervisor(s) regarding the overall function of the property.
- Supervise all leasing activity, including written correspondence, follow-up and phone calls. Conduct ongoing training with staff that may be needed on a daily basis. Daily communicate leasing goals with maintenance; ensuring an adequate pool of ready units. Lead by example in all leasing activity.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure timely and reliable completion of all service requests.
- Ensure that all Fair Housing rules and regulations are understood by all staff and are being followed. Ensure that both the letter and the spirit of the laws are being observed by all staff.
Manage the Financial Performance and the Physical Asset of the Property to Meet or Exceed Goals in Accordance with Company Policy and Standards.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted occupancy levels, rental income, ancillary income and other property goals.
- Prepare, execute and monitor operating budget. Control operating expenses to meet or beat budget.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner. Make sure that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the corporate office on a daily basis.
- Ensure that collection procedures are followed and court papers are filed correctly and timely when necessary.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submit required reports to corporate office as directed. Ensure all traffic and sources are entered into the property management program daily.
- Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Approve and submit all invoices to corporate office in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of general liability claims, worker’s compensation claims, and property loss claims.
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue, including Capital Improvement proposals and justification.
Develop Staff as an Effective Operating Team in Accordance with Company Policy and Standards.
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff. Assign tasks and delegate work, monitoring job progress and work flow including reviewing all work for timeliness and accuracy.
- Set clear goals and expectations for individual staff members. Support their growth.
- Ensure that cross-training is ongoing to ensure that all jobs can be covered in any team members’ absence, including, but not limited to, that of the Community Manager.
- Support and ensure that communication occurs throughout the team.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals; implement associate performance actions such as raises, promotions, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Promote and participate in company sponsored training programs and ensure subordinate associates participate in all training classes within required time frames.
- Comply with all Evolve standards; applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
Directly supervises 2-15 employees in the Marketing and Maintenance Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service– Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork– Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Managing People– Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Cost Consciousness– Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity– Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Organizational Support– Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
Strategic Thinking– Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and other certifications/licenses as required by local jurisdictions.
Language Skills - English
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use general office equipment such as telephone, fax machine, printer and copier.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MAJOR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Must be physically able to lift 75 lbs or more on a continual basis
• Assist the property manager and maintenance supervisor in all assigned duties
• Complete all assigned onsite maintenance functions and preventative maintenance
• Be vigilant for safety hazards and notify property manager or maintenance supervisor of potential hazards
• Uphold all Southwood Realty policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL DAILY ACTIVITIES
• Complete all assigned service and maintenance requests
• Report any maintenance problems or hazards to the property manager or maintenance supervisor
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS, ATTITUDES AND SKILLS
• Commitment to Southwood Realty goals and values
• Commitment to the success of the property
• Be a good communicator as well as a good listener
• Continually improve the technical skills necessary to perform assigned maintenance
• Perform tasks assigned in an orderly, timely and professional manner
• Perform all duties in a manner that will result in customer satisfaction
• Be customer service oriented
• Maintain a professional, friendly and courteous demeanor around all residents, prospective residents and any other guests of the property
• Valid Driver's License
• Drug Test
If interested in this job listing, contact Southwood Realty at:
Ballantyne Commons, 824 Half Moon Trail, Hendersonville, NC 28739
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To lease apartments at the highest effective rent level possible, while maintaining a strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy. Maintain a courteous and helpful attitude to residents and potential residents. Respond to resident requests promptly and courteously and to help resolve resident issues.
1. To secure new leases on available apartments, and to work to renew current leases according to the goals of the community. Provence Real Estate expects consultant to strive to exceed the industry standard of 33% closing ratio (visit conversions to leases), and to attempt to convert each new prospective resident phone call to a visit by setting appointments.
2. To show the model and available ready apartments, using all the steps of the selling process. Provence Real Estate expects the consultant to ask each prospective resident for a monetary commitment to secure the lease. If a lease is not secured on the initial tour, Provence Real Estate expects the consultant to follow up within 24 hours of the initial tour, then weekly until the lease is secured, or the prospective resident leases elsewhere. Leasing Consultant, continued
3. To achieve a passing score on shopping reports, which are conducted quarterly for each community.
4. To be aware of company and community policies and be able to explain them to residents and potential residents.
5. To have a comprehensive working knowledge of all lease related documents and be able to accurately complete the documents in a timely manner.
6. Maintain accurate resident files in accordance with Provence Real Estate policy.
7. Enter into the computer data relative to residents and potential residents in accordance with Provence Real Estate policy.
8. Assist in developing and maintaining a resident retention/renewal program in order to achieve optimum increases and conversion ratios.
9. Inspect apartments prior to move-in to ensure market ready status.
10. Assist in the leasing activities and resident relations.
11. To be aware of competitive communities rent levels and amenities.
12. To be aware of all community and area facts and statistics.
13. Assist in preparing the competitive market survey report as needed.
14. Greet new residents and assist with the move-in process.
REPORTS TO: Community Manager
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to successfully interact with people
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal skills
- Strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy
- Proficient sales skills
- Professional image
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to communicate with customers and to process
- Ability to work standard community hours, including weekends, with capability to work an additional fifteen
(15) minutes daily prior to office opening
- Capability to work in inclement weather
- Dexterity to complete paperwork and operate office equipment
- Typing proficiency required to complete lease related paperwork and resident correspondence
- Telephone at home
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen successfully
KNOWLEDGE: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service
EXPERIENCE: Prior apartment leasing experience is strongly preferred, sales experience a plus
If interested in this job listing, contact Provence Real Estate at:
12 Sky Exchange Dr, Asheville, NC 28803
The Site Manager is responsible for the efficient operation through facilitating the day-to-day activities to achieve optimum performance of the property or properties assigned through the management of
such items as: leasing, collections, resident services, overseeing maintenance and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, laws and company policies.
• Reports directly to Senior Property Manager
• Directly supervises maintenance and other site team members
• Maintains relationships with current and prospective residents
• Maintains associations with vendors
• Maintains relationships and assures communication with other GEM departments
Essential Duties listed below are not all-inclusive. They are indicative of the typical duties of a Site Manager. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Administrative duties in compliance with company policies and standards:
• Handling rent collections and assuring accuracy with a focus on minimizing delinquencies
• Maintaining accurate onsite resident files assuring compliance with property designated programs
• Accepting and processing prospective resident applications in accordance with designated programs and GEM policies and procedures
• Conduct details of move-ins and move outs assuring accuracy and compliance with designated programs and Gem policies and procedures
• Keeping all resident and property records up-to-date and accurate; such as timely recertification files
• Communicate property activity regularly with Senior Property Manager. Maintaining records of all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submit required reports to corporate office as directed
• Ensure that all Fair Housing rules and regulations are understood and being followed. Ensuring that both the letter and the spirit of the laws are being observed by all
• Some Yardi Voyager experience
• Some Property Management experience
If interested in this job listing, contact GEM Management LLC at:
2021 Cross Beam Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217
Maintenance Technician (Temp)
Maintenance Technicians perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair, grounds keeping and other interior and exterior maintenance duties for the community under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Show respect for residents and community staff at all times, providing excellent customer service
- Perform routine interior and exterior community maintenance as scheduled & requested; may include painting, snow/ice removal, gutter cleaning, replacing filters, working with trash compactor, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on community equipment to include: plumbing, light bulb replacement, A/C maintenance, electrical, carpentry and mechanical repair
- Respond to all repair requests and maintenance concerns from residents and staff
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns as well as any hazardous conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain resident privacy and receive proper authority prior to entering resident apartments
- Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area to prevent injuries to residents, associates, and visitors
- Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Work with vendors as instructed, such vendors for landscaping, painting asphalt, etc.
- Must follow all safety/OSHA Requirements
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding and ability to repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry and mechanical systems
- Available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Core Values
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
Bell Partners, Inc. (“BPI” or the “Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years previous maintenance experience desired preferably in a similar facility
- HVAC, EPA and/or CPO certifications may be required in many communities, based on staffing levels
If interested in this job listing, contact The Reserve at Biltmore Park at:
300 Cranbrook Drive, Arden, North Carolina 28704
The Regional Manager’s purpose is maintaining the integrity of the physical asset, while maximizing the returns from the asset in accordance with GEM’s mission, values and goals. This position is responsible for overall operations and financial position of an assigned portfolio of assets. This position trains and develops Senior Property Managers while assuring the development of all associates in assigned portfolio. The Regional Manager is responsible for executing policies, procedures and practices in accordance with GEM standards that enable each property to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives. A full job description is available upon request.
Yardi Experience preferred
If interested in this job listing, please send résumé to GEM Management, LLC at:
The Lofts at Reynolds Village Apartments is seeking an experienced maintenance technician to work full time at our 201 unit luxury apartment community. Qualified technician will be able to pass a general maintenance exam and possess EPA certification. Must have previous experience with plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, household appliance repair and replacement, and possess the strong ability to troubleshoot. Duties include pool maintenance, apartment make-readies and any other duty asked by property manager. Attention to detail and positive attitude is required. You must have own vehicle. You must be able to work Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and rotate call every other week. Vacation and sick time accrue on day 1 and can be used after 6 months of employment. Our company provides excellent benefits package after 90 days and 401k after 1 year. Competitive pay depending on experience. Potential for overtime pay. On-site apartment offered after 90 days at 20% discount.
The ideal candidate will have a sense of pride about performing a quality job well done.
Interested applicants please email resume or fax to 828-225- 6682. No walk-ins.
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
• Background Check
If interested in this job listing, contact The Lofts at Reynolds Village at:
42 Senator Reynolds Road, Asheville, NC 28804